Why are Wellness Programs for seniors in North Georgia important?
Wellness Programs promote healthy living, which help people live a better life and remain more independent. Nutritional needs often change as we age, as do physical abilities, so following meal and exercise plans from decades ago may no longer be right for you.
What types of wellness services are available?
Wellness offerings vary in the 13 counties served by Legacy Link and include:
- Nutrition and health education
- Fall prevention
- General health information and screenings
- Chronic disease prevention and management
- Physical activity / Exercise classes
- BingoSize – Bingo + exercise =BingoSize. This 10-week program combines the game of bingo with fall prevention exercises and education.
If you’re interested in feeling better on a daily basis with small changes you can implement at home, come and meet with us. We’d love to help!